- Ballot Measures
- Public Opinion
How Our Money Gets Spent
Reform measure that has qualified for November 2, 2010 ballot:
Drop threshold for passing budget from two-thirds to a simple majority in Prop.25
- Information on Prop.25.
- Article from League of California Cities that examines that two- thirds vote requirement and its role in state government.
- The League of Women Voters of California supports Prop.25.
- Field Poll shows voters support changing vote threshold.
- Article explaining why Governor Schwarzenegger opposes changing budget requirement.
Reform measures that are under discussion:
Put "windfall" into reserve or one time use
- Information about Prop 1A (2009), where voters turned down changes to the budget process, from the Institute of Governmental Studies (IGS).
- Recommendations (PDF) from California Performance Review.