Statewide Voter Resources
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, California will send a mail-in ballot to all registered voters for the November 2022 Election. Ballots will be mailed to all registered voters beginning Monday, October 10th and the last day to register to vote is Monday, October 24th. Election Day is Tuesday, November 8th and the polls are open from 7am to 8pm PT on Election Day.
- Register to vote
- Check your voter registration status and the status of your mail-in ballot
- Find your polling place and other information on how and where to vote
- Find early voting and vote-by-mail ballot drop-off locations
- Where's My Ballot? A new tool to track your mail-in ballot and receive notifications that it has been received and counted
- Same day voter registration information
- California voter ID laws
- Official November 8, 2022 Voter Information Guide (PDF)
Mail-in ballots will be counted if they are postmarked by Election Day and received by the county elections office within 17 days after Election Day. If you choose to mail back your ballot, be sure to sign and date the outside of the envelope provided with your mail-in ballot in the space provided.
You also have the option of returning your mail-in ballot in person. In order to do so:
- Mark your ballot and seal it inside the mailing envelope provided the county elections office
- Make sure to sign and date the outside of the envelope in the space provided
- Bring the sealed envelope to your county elections office or an official drop-off location
Additional information on voting at a polling place after receiving a mail-in ballot is available here.